Is Therapy Dog Work Right for You?
Be sure to read our Answers to Frequently Asked Training Questions. The information there will help you decide if the GO TEAM has appropriate training classes for you and your dog. Our testimonial page might also provide you with valuable information about the types of activities our members are involved with in their communities.
The GO TEAM Training Program will involve a full weekend of your time, typically running from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day. You will experience real-life training at multiple venues to expose dogs and handlers to a variety of situations. Although these classes will be work for you and your dog, we hope it will be enjoyable work!
After GO TEAM training, you will need to continue working with your dog for approximately 15 minutes every day, preferably in a variety of locations (e.g., at home, outside, away from home), in order for you and your dog to gain as much as possible from the classes.
Training Eligibility Requirements
- be at least one (1) year of age at the time class begins,
- have passed an AKC approved Canine Good Citizen (CGC) test,
- not be reactive towards children, adults or other dogs (Dogs requiring muzzles are
automatically disqualified from GO TEAM training),
- not be in heat (female dogs only),
- not be sick (e.g. kennel cough or other respiratory issues, GI issues, transmittable skin conditions, etc).
- complete the online applications in its entirety prior to attending training,
- provide documentation showing CGC completion upon request,
- pay all fees in full prior to attending training,
- Submit no later than 14 days following graduation, a veterinarian signed Health,
- Certificate showing the result your dogs fecal test conducted within the last 6 months,
- [Teen Handlers only, ages 10-17] attend class with an adult guardian who is also a GO
TEAM handler for the same dog.
Handler-Dog Teams shall,
- be endorsed or recommended by a GO TEAM approved evaluator or other dog training business cleared by the GO TEAM Executive Director or GO TEAM Coordinators. We do contact all evaluators to verify each handler/dog team recommendations.
For all other requirements please see our Class Info Page
(If you have any questions, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (863) 5GO-TEAM (546-8326) so we can help you.)
$295 + S&H (One Dog and One Handler)
$135 + S&H (Each Additional Handler with Same Registered Dog)